[IP] ketosis/ketoacidosis

 I'm very much like you in the way I respond to high bg's - not even
feeling bad til over 500.  Highest bg while in renal failure was 1030
and I like you was walking around!!  I was told that I could have a
stroke - needless to say I was hospitaliized on the spot but was not
spilling ketones in my urine.  I still do occasionally do a keto test if
I have bg's high for a couple of readings but am always negative.