Re: [IP] Diabetes support group meeting ideas?

Hi Holly,

Lauren is seeing Dr. Alan Kenien in Fargo.  She was already on a pump when we
got here, so we didn't have to convince anyone of the need.  We've met with
him once.  He's very nice, but Lauren is his first pumper.  He is however,
very supportive of Lauren being on a pump and I believe is planning on
starting some of his patients on pumps.  He mentioned that he was following a
few adults on pumps.  He is a pediatrician/pediatric endo (dual board
certified).  His nurse is great and really believes that pumps are best for
kids.  I don't know who you're seeing now, but you could always call them and
talk with his nurse.  If you would like their number just let me know.  I was
talking to the CDE at Altru here in GF and she mentioned that they just
started a 14 year old on a pump two weeks ago.  Someone around here is
starting kids on pumps.  If I can be of any help just let me know.

Talk with you soon,
Pam Watsek