Re: [IP] Don't give Dads a bad rap!!!! :)

My dad was GREAT, as kid and now.  If it weren't for him I'd probably still
being going home for my shots.  My mom had been giving me my shots since I was
three.  Even when they sent me to diabetic camp where I had to give my shot,
which was a very traumatic experience, when I came home my kept giving my
shots.  When I was 12 my mom had to go to Switzerland because her father had
passed away.  She was gone for two months.  Dad and I were suppose to go to
this Father Daughter banquet.  I will never ever forget this night as long as I
live.  I really wanted to go.  The shot was ready to give and just stopped on
his way over to me.  He said "if you really want to go tonight and you want to
eat dinner, it's about time you give your own shots".  I sat there and did the
girl thing and cried and cried.  My brother came in and said he would give it
buy I was too afraid he would kill me.  <VBG>  Anyway, an hour later I finally
gave the shot and have been doing so ever since.  Dad and I have since talked
about that night and he said it was very hard for him to do that.  I guess he
had been in their bedroom crying.  My dad always did research on the latest and
greatest.  He was a very big part of my care and sometimes still is.

Fran in Az