[IP] Need help with insurance ..getting a new pump upgrade

Hi all, have been off the list awhile due to my lack of computer skills and
the consequent internet fallout while trying to install a software program.

To the point.  I've had the MM 506 for 6 1/2 years now.  Since then Humalog
has come along , much to my delight, but my endo felt that I'd get better
control with the square wave and dual wave features.  My primary (Health
Alliance HMO) turned it down, though I don't have the paperwork myself,
telling the MM rep that DME coverage does not cover equipment upkeep and
repairs and they see no need for the new pump.  My secondary (United
HealthCare) also denied it, in writing, indicating that their DME policy only
allows for new DME if the condition change warrents it or growth requires it
(are we talking about wheelchairs or pumps here!).  Now that the 508 has come
out, I am ready to take them on, since I really wanted the different profiles
too.  The remote is nice, but I haven't seem prices yet.

So here's the question....I would like input from the list on what has worked
for you to get a pump update whle the old one is functioning though out of
warrenty.  I truely think that I'll get better control, so I plan on using
the DCCT stats to justify some of this.  Any other ideas?

Please send both to the list as well as to me personally so that I don't miss
any advice from all of you.  Thanks in advance.