Re: [IP] Don't give Dads a bad rap!!!! :)

At 08:11 PM 10/5/1999  Natalie A. Sera wrote:
>I remember my ex-husband being afraid to hold our newborn, and that's
>where the name comes from.
>If the father is conscientiously calling about boluses and BGs, then I
>think he IS doing his best, and maybe just too afraid to try it on his
>own. Men often can't come out and say they're afraid to try things, and
>so they shuffle it off. It doesn't mean they don't care.

This may relate to the "never ask for directions" syndrome that many men
have. No "real" man ever needs to ask for help, right?? (And if you believe
that, I have a real nice used "tooth-fairy" to sell you).

It's a cultural thing, I'm sure and it may be quite different in other
parts of the world.

>It's tough being a Dad!!

Amen to that.  :-)

(who IS a dad)