[IP] Don't give Dads a bad rap!!!! :)

email @ redacted wrote:
> I think Michael is the only non-diabetic Dad on this
> website who is actively involved in his child's care. Most of the Dads on
> this site have IDD and most of the parents of children with IDD on this site
> are Moms.

Well, right off the top of my head, I can think of Curtis Lomax. And I'm
sure there are others lurking.

I agree that Dads often leave child-care to Moms, but they really do
love their children -- and the problem MIGHT be the "I'm afraid I might
break the baby" syndrome!!

I remember my ex-husband being afraid to hold our newborn, and that's
where the name comes from.

If the father is conscientiously calling about boluses and BGs, then I
think he IS doing his best, and maybe just too afraid to try it on his
own. Men often can't come out and say they're afraid to try things, and
so they shuffle it off. It doesn't mean they don't care.

It's tough being a Dad!!

Not a dad!
 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted