Re: [IP] press release on MiniMed 508 pump

>In a message dated 10/4/99 2:38:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
><<  The Model 508 offers several new
>  features, including...an optional vibrate mode >>
>This makes me very happy.  I sent a letter to Alfred Mann last year
>requesting a vibrating pump on behalf of one of our support group members who
>could not hear the beeps on his pump.  The letter was signed by about 20
>pumpers in our group.  Mr. Mann sent a polite, but bland letter saying that
>Joe should have his hearing checked.  I am going to send Mr. Mann a thank you
>letter for this new feature as if he did this because of my letter (haha).  I
>have a D pump and am happy with it, but I do like that MM is responding to
>customer input.  ellen

I remember writing MiniMed about a year ago and suggesting the multiple
basal rates. Someone actually got back to me and wanted to know more about
how it would be used and I told him. They seemed to think it was a good
idea. I don't know who else also asked for this, but it makes me feel good
to see that feature actually incorporated into the MM508 pump.

Hey, maybe I ought to get a discount on an upgrade from my (now) ancient
507... no?  :-)