Re: [IP] trigger fingers

To add my experience with trigger fingers to Carole and Susan's --   I have
also had several operations for them (5), as well as a lot of cortisone
injections.  I have 2 fingers in which I had injections (one I had 5
injections in over a period of years) that have not given me problems in
years (close to 10).  On the other hand, one of the fingers that was operated
on has had recurring problems.  My last operation was in 1992, and since that
time I have had only 1 injection -- nowadays I find I can usually get out of
the acute stage with exercise, manipulating the finger open and closed
several times every time it hurts (sometimes I have to hold it under hot
water to do this, or use my paraffin bath)  It has taken as long as 3 weeks
of pretty painful stuff on occasion to get out of it, but except for that 1
time it has gotten better eventually, without the pain and inconvenience of
the operation nor the blood sugar problems of the injections.  During the
period I was having the injections I found my bg went up the second day and
stayed up 2 weeks, which I compensated for by raising premeal shots by a
ratio of 5 to 8 and increasing long acting shots 20%.