Re: [IP] Re: low, low, low/parental involvement

In a message dated 10/4/99 6:06:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Sometimes it's really frustrating to have
 two sets of parents who are world apart on the diabetes continuum >>

Gianna, I really don't think this is that unusual.  My parents were not
divorced, but my total diabetes care was in the hands of my Mom.  My Dad
never said or did anything concerning my diabetes my whole life.  It is
strange when I think about it now, but I think parents just divide up duties.
 It is kind of sad because I am more like my Dad so his input would have been
helpful.  My Dad loved me (he died many years ago), but he just left
everything to Mom.  I think Michael is the only non-diabetic Dad on this
website who is actively involved in his child's care. Most of the Dads on
this site have IDD and most of the parents of children with IDD on this site
are Moms.  Am I wrong Michael?  ellen