Re: [IP] press release on MiniMed 508 pump

In a message dated 10/4/99 2:38:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  The Model 508 offers several new
 features, including...an optional vibrate mode >>

This makes me very happy.  I sent a letter to Alfred Mann last year
requesting a vibrating pump on behalf of one of our support group members who
could not hear the beeps on his pump.  The letter was signed by about 20
pumpers in our group.  Mr. Mann sent a polite, but bland letter saying that
Joe should have his hearing checked.  I am going to send Mr. Mann a thank you
letter for this new feature as if he did this because of my letter (haha).  I
have a D pump and am happy with it, but I do like that MM is responding to
customer input.  ellen