From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 1999 7:50 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] DAY # 1 - ALARMS GO OFF!

Hi Everyone....
Well, I dont go "live" with Humalog until tomorrow, but I already had the
alarm sound three times!   I suppose I got a little carried away with
practicing audio boluses!  Last evening, at three different times the alarm
went off and the error message was "no delivery".

I called Minimed support and Brenda the support tech was sooo nice!  She
spent close to an hour with me  talking me through the corrections.  First
of
all, we ruled out pump malfunction so it became apparent that it was the
site
(I had put it in that morning with the help of my pump trainer)

As I took off the tape, it was apparent that the cannula had slipped out (I
used the MM Soft Set- the one with the inserter)

Well......all's well that ends well....we filled a new syringe with saline,
primed it and replaced the SoftSet and things seem to be fine.

My question is:  where do you put your inserts?  I had mine above my
waist.......anybody have a favorite insert site?  Do the sets with the
plastic cannulas slip out easier than others?   Any advise is appreciated!

Pat
and her 507C "Pumpkin"