> I too am having similar problems.  Can't seem to find a pattern and I am
> starting to be disgusted.  I am half tempted to ask for a Velosulin/Humalog
> mix but I'm not sure how to do it or in what ratio the insulins should be in.
>  Furthermore, I don't know if my doc knows about these mixes.  I would find
> it hard to believe but I don't know.

There is nothing magic about the H/V mix. The ratios people use have been
arrived at by experimenting. It is not real objective, but the
differences from one mix to another are not large.

5 parts H + 1 part V is almost like straight H, with a slightly longer
"tail". My daughter has used it for a couple of years now and she says it
gives her a little "smoother" ride and definetly allows her to keep a set
in for 4 days, where 2 was pretty much the limit before. A number of
users of 3/1 mix have reported that it helps when there are gastro
complications -- slows down absorbtion somewhat, but still allows the
meal bolus to be given at mealtime. YMMV, tune to suit your metabolism.

Take a look at the ABOUT page of the web site for a breakdown of what
percentage of mixers use which mix. The mix itself does not seem to be real
critical, just eyeball it, put the smaller quantity in first and de-bubble,
then draw in the larger quantity.