Re: [IP] Harold-Inexperienced and Scared

If the VA hospital is the one in St. Louis, there are lots of people that I
have met at support group meetings that are RN's, etc., that are on the pump
themselves.  I would have your doctor call the doctors at the VA and brief
them on the pump and your management of your diabetes.  You probably will
find that with the pump you will be somewhat of a celebrity and will get all
the respect and help you need.  When your doctor calls the VA hospital docs,
they will most likely respect him and you for your efforts to control your
diabetes.  After all, in control, most diabetics recover at least as quickly
as a non-diabetic.