Re: [IP] ? for Carole on hand surgery

In a message dated 10/2/99 9:46:26 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< and 4
 surgeries on my hands (carpal tunnel and trigger fingers). >>

I'm just curious about your post.  I know what carpal tunnel is, I've done
computer work for years, desktop publishing.  But the problem I have with my
hands is not being able to make a fist with either one.  Several fingers are
so stiff they only bend  about 20% of the way down into a fist position. Or
worse, they bend farther with a pop that is very painful and the only way to
release them it to take the other hand and pull them back open, doing the
painful pop a second time.  Is this what "trigger fingers" is?, or is it
something completely different?  Is it more prevalent in diabetics or an
ergonomics issue from the years of typing?