> Dave,
> To put is simply, if you are making c-peptides, you are still making
> insulin.
>  If you are not, those poor Beta cells are dead!  Insulin that is
>  injected do
> not have c-peptides.

c-peptides are made by Beta cells along with the insulin. Recent
research indicates that they may be responsible for forestalling or
preventing damage caused when glucose gloms onto a cell. I read an
article about it a year or so ago. Originally, c-peptides were
thought to be a useless by product of insulin production