At 08:26 PM 10/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>since I have never paid attention to the posts on blood in cannula...now we
>are experiencing it!
>what is causing?
>what to do?
>geneva just did site change and the little button is bloody.
>I assume we just ignore?
>ruth at 8:30 PM in CA

Best thing to do is change the site ... I know, I know, how annoying!!!
But, if there's blood in the cannula and tubing, the pressure from the
blood doesn't let insulin get in as easily.  So Geneva might be getting the
full dose, she might be getting a partial dose, and she might be getting
none ... grrr.  This happened to me the other day, I chose to ignore, and
ended up with a 250.
You can try bolusing and see if the blood goes away, if so then probably it
isn't causing much of a clog.

Good luck!