Re: [IP] Hypoglycemia in non diabetic, early sign of diabetes?

In a message dated 10/3/99 1:19:37 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< shaky, bad, lightheaded, hungry.....and i've been catching myself  in the
 60's, the lowest being 58, is this a normal blood sugar level for
 non-diabetic? >>

Mag,  you are not necessarily developing DM.  My then 19 year old
non-diabetic son was feeling shaky and dizzy so I checked his bg and it was
60.  I checked it several times after that and it remained in the 60s.  I
took him to my endo for an evaluation.  He told him to eat 3 good meals a
day, sleep 8 hours a day and see how he felt.  My endo said that he did not
have diabetes, but was living unhealthily.  He was in college, staying up all
night and eating irregularly.  Of course, I had already told him this, but he
wasn't listening to me.  When the dr. told him, he did what he said and was
fine in a short time.  Is it possible that much stress and unhealthy habits
could be the cause of your lows?  I would check it out with your dr., but
this might be a possibility.  ellen