[IP] When to contact MiniMed?

Hello! Well, I have my very first "consultation" appointment on the 18th of
October. It's the first step to getting my pump. Woohoo! I've been doing
lots of research and reading, and this impressed my doctor, who told me I
may be able to get my pump in December instead of the usual 6 months (how
insane!)  SO, should I contact MiniMed (the pump I've decided on) now and
see if they can help speed up the process, just in case?

Erinn (almost pumping)