From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of email @ redacted
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 1999 1:35 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Hypoglycemia in non diabetic, early sign of diabetes?

David, that's an intersting idea.  However, there's a lot of people out
there who use the term "hypoglycemia" to mean they just need to sit down
and rest a while.  And a have a coke or snack while sitting and getting
those nerves and muscle rested.   As we know hypoglycemia usually means a
BG less than 50 or at most 60. Whenever I check my "hypoglycemic" normal
friends, they always have BGs in the normal range.  Makes them worry that
they have some other disease *S*.  When you thought you "had to eat quickly
back then, did you ever check your BG?  Just curious.
-wayne

<<<<<<<<This was my history. In my teens I was rail thin. Several times
each week I
would have to quickly eat sugar because my sugar would drop to the point I
would be ready to faint. I figured "at least I'll never be diabetic".
Suffered with low blood sugar episodes until my late 30s when they suddenly
stopped. I thought I was cured. At 40 I was diagnosed with diabetes. The
doctor told me that it is very common for someone with a history of
hypoglycemia to convert to diabetes. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it
is something to keep an eye on.
David Dougherty<<<<<<<<<<<<<