Re: [IP] Hypoglycemia in non diabetic, early sign of diabetes?

In a message dated 10/1/99 3:45:02 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My
 son Matt dx 8mos ago type 1 and i his mother suffer terribly from
 hypoglycemia in the morning when active.  Any response would be a help.
 Mag >>
This is interesting. My mom had severe problems with hypoglycemia. She went
to eating 6 very small meals later in life (50-60yrs old, she passed away at
63 from colon cancer).  I went type 1 at age 19 my first weeks of college.
I've heard two theories on this (I have no idea if either one is true).

1st theory - when the fetus develops in a hypoglycemic mother, the pancreas
under develops in some way because the mother is producing so much extra
insulin the baby doesn't need to develop its own source as completely.

2nd theory - pancreatic problems run in families. it could go either way,
hypo, or hyper (dm).

Don't know if either of these hold water. I have three older brothers who are
not dm at all of either type.  But I thought they were interesting thoughts.