Re: [IP] Diluting Humulog

When I first went on a pump in 1979 we had to dilute our insulin.  It had a
3CC syringe and read in 1U incriminates.  We had to dilute 100U of insulin
for every 200U of saline.  Now the pumps are program to do it for you.

You can use Bacterio Static Saline Solution to dilute the Humalog.  It is
obtainable in most pharmacies.  Remember that if you do dilute, to reset the
strength of you insulin in your pump, depending on how much you dilute your
insulin to.  A one to one ration will set you at U50.  Some have diluted to
a ratio of 60U or 40U.  Your pharmacist will tell you how to dilute to get
percentage you want.

An trick from an old pumper!