Re: [IP] pizza

>what do you mean by counting the carbs and PROTEIN?

	Ruth--when I went for training my nurse told me not to bolus for protein,
and wait and see if I ended up needing to.  Well turns out that if I have
more than a very small amount, it makes my bg rise 3-4 hours later.  It
seems to be worse with pizza etc.  :(  I read somewhere that half of
available protein converts to glucose eventually, so I count how many grams
of protein in the pizza and square wave for half of it.  keep in mind that
the amount of protein in meat can be misleading ---meat is about 75 percent
water kind of like our bodies --only 25 percent of the weight of a pieve of
meat is actually protein.  So a 4 ounce hamburger would only have 1 ounce of
protein, or about 30 grams.