[IP] Fwd: Halloween Candy

-- BEGIN included message

Eve, thanks for your reply.  No offense taken. There is a very long story to
go along with the Halloween Candy post.  Matt is the most disciplined child i
know!  He has been on a severly restricted diet since age 4!  I was treating
him with what i thought were food allergies since pre-school.  He was having
terrible headaches, stomach aches, red ears, nasty nasty mood swings, so of
course his pediatrician said "kids will be kids" and i took it upon myself to
log all of Matt's food and drink intake, eliminating anything that gave him
these symptoms.  Needless to say, he was on an extremely restricted diet, as
i weeded and weeded out foods and ingredients in them that would affect him.
This kid would go to birthday party's and  not eat a thing, only was drinking
spring water or seltzer, never ever had a candy bar!  Doesn't know what
eating at McDonald's was even about.  Since Matt's been diagnosed with D, his
symptoms are controlled with insulin. My personal opionion is that Matt was
having trouble ALL along!!!!!!!!  Headaches are rare, no more stomach aches,
except normal kid ones, or when low.........so the point i'm trying to make
is that i feel he deserves this one time treat and splurge on Halloween.
This kid loves Halloween, and NOT once did he ever complain to me that he
couldn't have a piece of candy, he would be all the happier for his brother
because that's who got ALL of his TREATS every year! Imagine what his life
has been on EASTER, could not eat a thing, CHRISTMAS, not one cookie!  So he
will be treated to a candybar on Halloween, i have no problems with that
what's so ever!  Hopefully you'll understand my feelings on this.  Please
e-mail me back personally, i'd love to hear from ya.  People like you only
help people like me.  Thanks.  One more thing.  Matt is 10, and his pump
should arrive next week.
Mag

-- END included message

-- END included message