Re: [IP]

In a message dated 10/2/99 3:37:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  thought about the hypoglycemia posts:  My mother suffered from serious
 hypoglycemia until she made some diet changes.  I have type 1 diabetes
 (first in my family.)  Every single one of my dad's aunts/uncles and his
 mother all have type 2 diabetes.  My mother's sisters as well as my mother
 herself all have thyroid problems.  Hypoglycemia may be a precursor to
 diabetes . . .in my thinking the entire endocrine system is a "weak link" in
 our family, it just manifested itself in different ways for each of us.  :(
 I happened to be the one to get diabetes.  --Gianna
You are definitely correct regarding the endocrine system being a "weak
link".  My family is exactly the same ; both my sisters have hypothyroidism,
my mother is Type II diabetic with thyroid cancer, and I ended up with Type
I.   Dianne