RE: [IP] I'm bummed

I really can't make any recommendations on how to figure out the correct
rates and things like that . . .if you're going to start yourself then
underestimate at first! My basals turned out to be a lot lower than I had
estimated, even with reducing by 25 percent.  however, if you have read all
the literature and feel pretty knowledgeable, I would do it yourself.  I
know this isn't the advice of medical professionals, but . . . .when I got
my pump I did everything myself before hand except actually filling the
syringe with insulin and pumping it into me.  I inserted a set, learned all
the programming, filled the syringe, etc. etc.  It was easy.  Just make sure
you still go to the pump appointment so they can make sure all is well!  I
know what it's like to wait! --Good luck! -Gianna