Re: [IP] Halloween candy

Hi all,

I may be standing on my own here, but I believe that my child with diabetes
deserves to indulge a few times a year.  We feel that Halloween is one of
those times.  We're not going to let her eat her whole bag of candy, just
like we won't let her two non-diabetic sisters eat all of their candy,
however, I feel that a few extra pieces of candy and a little extra insulin
are not teaching her poor self discipline.  She is the most responsible,
disciplined child I know.

I firmly believe that it's important that she be a child first and a child
with diabetes second.  Her father and I will work to keep her healthy and our
goal for her is that she works to grow up thinking she can do anything she
sets her mind to, diabetes or not!

Pam Watsek, mom to Lauren, age 8, pumping since 6/99