Re: [IP] Diluting Humulog

> I met a fellow pumper today who is pumping only 0.1 per hour for her
> basil and still believes the dosage to be too high.   I have read
> about diluting Humulog and recommended that as a option but I cannot
> remember what one uses to dilute the Humulog.
> Anyone out there dilute their insulin?
Couple of things,

she can use a basal rate of 0.0 u/hr, it is not straight forward to
set this, the manual does not tell how. You have to increment to a
real number then back down to zero, then you can push ACT.

Second, dilutent is hard to get, nobody carries it even though it
exists. Sometimes the drug company will give it to you, sometimes
you can convince a pharmacy to order it, but they make no $$ so
are reluctant to do so. See the link on the LINKS page for details.

in the Humalog section
Diluent for Humalogr A solution to dilute Humalog to R50 or lower