[IP] flu shot

>the high bg levels could be due to the flu shot, but it should only last a
day or two.  Are >you saying that there is really nothing I can do?  Would
it help to take more insulin than >normal?

With sustained BG in the 200s, I would bolus a few times to see if that
helped.  I would go to a temporary basal rate increase if the bolusing alone
didn't resolve it and it seemed to be running consistently high.  I would
test more frequently (hourly?).

This is an example of a situation in which pumping is far superior to
injecting as a therapeutic approach.  Small amounts of fast acting insulin
with precision on a much shorter term basis.

Has anyone used their pump to get normal BGs despite taking cortisone