[IP] LOST BASAL RATES (WAS: WRITE DOWN THOSE RATES-ESD)

Do you loose your basal rates with lost of battery power?
I have been using the Disetronic H-TRONplus for 8 months and this model
pump will
retain your basal rates with both batteries removed. You do lose the
time , recent
memory of bolus rates and insulin remaining in cartridge. The company
does not
advise any one removing both batteries at once,but at least I know from
my own
experiment. The pump manual does say to check those basal rates if you
lose battery
power.
Janine gives some great advice in always keeping a log of your basal
rates.
On ESD,the Disetronic pump is designed to withstand all common
electrostatic and electromagnetic interference,however,as with all
portable electronic medical devices,it should not be used in close
proximity to strong sources of electrostatic or electromagnetic
interference.
I'm wondering if traffic signal lights affect insulin pumps. I have seen
portable radio's
go nuts with the traffic light signals. Thank God for no insulin pump
failure under these
conditions.
This is my experience with Disetronic pump  in reference to loss battery
power.
Raleigh