Re: [IP] New Pumper - HELP!!!!!

Sounds like he is operating on info from the early pumps -- those mostly
disappeared about 15 years ago and were around for 5 or 6 years before that.
There was a spate of education for doctors with these second generation pumps.
The pumps themselves were mostly replaced when the little tiny minimeds and
disetronics came out (14-15 years back).   Sounds like he is uncomfortable.  As
others are saying, do the calculations in Pumping Insulin and try figuring the
rates yourself (or with help from Michael's web site -- You won't be able to use
that though until you get her down under 180).  I know that doctor's are sometimes
reluctatnt to have pre-adolescent diabetic girls gain weight (for good reasons but
with often very bad effects).  If she is running as high as 300-600, then it would
appear her doses are pretty far off.  I'm curious though, do you leave her at this
range?  Do you bolus to bring her down and then have them shoot back up?    You
can present you doctor with correct caluculations and a few days of improved bgs
to convince him ( you may have to avoid him until you've finished the testing

Best of luck!