[IP] nicotinamide/niacinamide

I've found several articles in  medical journals that indicate taking
niacinamide (a form of niacin) immediately after diagnosis can help
maintain c-peptide levels.  No one suggested this to me, so I've started it
on my own, seven months after diagnosis.  The articles came out in '95 and
'96, so I'm not sure why I had to search for the information rather than
learning this from my endo or diabetes educator.

Has anyone tried this?   It seems to protect any residual beta cells one
has at diagnosis.  The study I found ran for a year -- who knows if we
could get a bit more out of it....   If you're interested in the articles,
send me a note and I'll forward the references to you.