[IP] New Pumper - HELP!!!!!

OK, I am going to be quit frank here - I am frustrated.  My daughter started
on the pump last week and we had a great week with BS readings in the 100 to
150 range.  Unfortunately then nights also included some lows.  Btw our endo
is insistent upon having only one basal rate for the entire 24 hours at this
particular time.   He was nervous over the low readings so once again he
tweaked down the basal rates to a point that I feel is too low as now she is
going high.

He backed her basal rates off twice and now she is running high.  By high I
mean anywhere from 350 up to 600 most of the time now.  Quite honestly I am
frustrated.  I have done everything according to the book - fresh humalog, new
infusion set, no crimps in tubing, etc.  And no matter what happens she is
still  high.

Can someone please make a suggestion to me quick.  My first instinct is to
split the nightime and daytime  basals and then fine tune from there.  We were
so thrilled last week by having wonderful readings and all of a sudden we are
having horribly high readings and it is frustrating.
I would like some advice so I will better understand how to approach him.  AND
am i even on the right track here.????

Thanks,   Sherri