Re: [IP] Service at MM/HMS

Hi Bonnie-
I also order from Home Medical Supply.  They used to be super until they
were "consumed" by MiniMed.

I too placed an order.  5 days later, no supplies.  I used get them
within 3 days.  Someone called on 5th day after I placed the order to
confirm all my insurance information. (Which I had already had on file
with them).  They also informed that I would have pay my 20% before they
would ship my supplies.  This bothered me as my "out of pocket co-pay"
is all filled for the year, due to the large co-pay I already paid on
the purchase of my pump.  I asked the customer service rep about this.
She said it didn't matter, I would still have to pay the co-pay
(20%)...and then after the insurance paid them, they would refund me
somewhere down the road.  I asked her to confirm the copay information
(all paid up for the year) with my insurance company.  She attempted to,
but my insurance company told Home Medicaly Supply that information was
confidential and would not release it her.  What a catch 22.  She didn't
know exactly how or when I would get my money back.... hmmmmm.  I argued
with her long enough, that they said OK, just this once you don't have
to mail the copay before we ship the supplies.  I was P/O'd.  Got my
supplies about 10 days later.

Anybody got any other pump supply places who are reputable with good
efficient service?  I might be looking for a new place.  I'll see how
the next order goes.

Becky D.

Bonnie RICHARDSON wrote:
> Has anyone else experienced a marked deterioration of service in ordering supplies from Home Medical Supply since Minimed bought them out?   I ordered 4 bxs Silhouettes on 10/19, the order was not processed for 4 days, I called to check, took 2 more phone calls from them to verify insurance (same insurance for two years) and was promised delivery Monday 10/26 by Fed Ex.   Guess what, it is Wednesday, no delivery and I am out of Sils!  On my last order I had similar problems.  What is happening there?
> The only thing that keeps me from changing is the nice monthly payment plan I set up with the former director.  It works so well for me.   Also, it is nice that they bill my insurance and I only get a bill for the 20% I have to pay (after $300 deductible).  But, the service, Geez, all to personal service from HMS is gone and these are just robots that never talk to each other.  Is this the way of the world now???
> Bonnie

- --
Becky Draper
Hammond, WI