Re: [IP] Service at MM/HMS

Yes, Bonnie, I too find the service at HMS/Minimed pretty awful.  This is
probably a good example of the degerative nature of monopoly capitalism.
They have no competition and just do what they want.  And they do make you
jump through hoops to get direct insurance billing.   I'm always impressed
when I order from a pharmacy like Fifty/50.  I get stuff in just a few days
even with normal delivery, after talking to friendly informative people.
There's not much we can do with Minimed--but maybe the word on their lack
of concern for users has leaked out to Wall Street, and that's why their
stock has fallen.   Maybe its time to buy Disetronic stock :-), but I don't
know if their supplies are any easier to get.
- -wm

<<<<<<<<<From: "Bonnie  RICHARDSON" <email @ redacted>
Has anyone else experienced a marked deterioration of service in ordering =
supplies from Home Medical Supply since Minimed bought them out?   I =
ordered 4 bxs Silhouettes on 10/19, the order was not processed for 4 =
days, I called to check, took 2 more phone calls from them to verify =
insurance (same insurance for two years) and was promised delivery Monday =
10/26 by Fed Ex.   Guess what, it is Wednesday, no delivery and I am out =
of Sils!  On my last order I had similar problems.  What is happening =
The only thing that keeps me from changing is the nice monthly payment =
plan I set up with the former director.  It works so well for me.   Also, =
it is nice that they bill my insurance and I only get a bill for the 20% I =
have to pay (after $300 deductible).  But, the service, Geez, all to =
personal service from HMS is gone and these are just robots that never =
talk to each other.  Is this the way of the world now??? =20

- -Wayne