Re: [IP] leave the old set in

Tina Farrell (Tina) wrote:
> I know it is not recommended practice, but I figured this is true only
> because of the risk that the insulin is not as 'fresh' as the fill from the
> vial. How is it that there's more risk of contamination? Thanks.

It's not only a matter of contamination. I've found that FOR ME Humalog loses
strength after 2.5 days in the pump syringe. If I put it back in the vial
it would change the strength progressively each time I "saved" some, so
I won't do so.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42+ years, MM506 for almost 5 years