Re: [IP] Minimed susceptible to electro-static discharge?

Whoa! I think Disetronic better be careful if their rep truly said this --
this is not true, in my 4 years of pumping and meeting many others who
pump. What is true is that the two companies are very competitive in wooing
customers.

At 8:28 PM 10/27/98, trifona wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I was taking to my local Disetronic representative in my quest for
>finding my soon to be SUPER-pump.  She told me that for some reason the
>Minimed model can easily be shocked as when we all do during the winter
>months, walkin on carpets, touching the car door, etc.
>
>When this happens, she said the pump will SHUT-DOWN for 8 hours in order
>to "recover" and to safely discharge itself (?).
>
>Can some of the Minimed pumpers please tell me about their experiences
>with this as of yet, unconfirmed phenomenon?
>
>Thanks,
>
>trifona

Tina Farrell
Writing, Editing, Design