Re: [IP] Minimed susceptible to electro-static discharge?

At 06:18 PM 10/28/1998  James Watson wrote:
>I recall reading of several people on this list having
>similar experiences (could be a smaller number of more vocal
>people) with MiniMeds.

This is why "hearsay" evidence is not very reliable. Since about
80% of US pumpers are on the MiniMed, there would naturally be 4
times as many reports for the MM as opposed to the big D. We
would also need to know the age and model number of the pumps
that are reporting problems. Earlier models may have had
shortcomings that have been long-since solved by current

That's why I wish there was some sort of objective testing
laboratory for medical equipment, like Consumer Reports (even
though I may not always agree with their conclusions). Then, at
least, we could make rational decisions based on reasonably
factual, directly comparative information.