Re: [IP] Re: Fwd: six year old and the pump

In a message dated 10/28/98 2:44:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< So, because my son is too young to make any decisions on his own, he has to
 be denied this incredible technology that could prevent complications, which
 may arise before he is even old enough to make the decision himself?
 I am determined to do what is best for my child and to let him enjoy as many
 of the benefits of living in this "technological" age as possible.  I have
 been doing research and trying to contact as many parents of kids who
 started pumping when they were toddlers as I can find.  And, I am very
 grateful for all of the support and encouragement that I have received,
 especially from the members of the Insulin Pumpers mailing list. >>

You go girl!  I'm with you all the way.  I'm having the same responses when I
ask questions about getting my 5 yr. old pumping.  To me it only makes sense
to have the best possible control and lifestyle for my baby!!

I would appreciate any ammo you may aquire on getting the little ones pumping.

Thank you and best of luck to you.  You sound as determined as I am.

- -Judy
mom to Amanda  age 5
dx at 3 1/2