Re: [IP] Gastro-Paresis Questions

>> Greetings-
>> My Blood Sugars at night have been all over the place- lots of lows
>> followed by highs- a mess.  My endo is talking about being tested for
>> gastro-paresis.  I know it has to do withe nerve endings in the =
>> not responding like they did in days of yore (been diabetic over 33
>> years) - and that there's medication available to help the stomach =
>> faster but what about that test - swallowing Radio-Active material in =
>> sandwich somes very nasty indeed - I don't want that in my body.  Any
>> other options?    Write soon- the test is set for Friday, the 30th.=20
>> Also what are the other symptoms?  Are there any FAQ's available -
>> somewhere?   Thanks. =20
>Several, do a search of Medline (see the SEARCH page)
>and take a look at the material under Other Diabetes Links on the=20
>LINKS page.  You want the Center for Disease Control doctor and=20
>patient guides.
>email @ redacted

- ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BE02BC.559CD000

<DIV>Pumpers &amp; Friends,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sorry, I will get to writing the FAQ soon, but =
having a bad time myself. Sorry but no the gastic emptying study is the =
best way=20
to check it out. Most of the time you eat eggs with radioactive salt it =
about an hour to four hours to do. You&nbsp; are time to see how long it =
for it to move thur the gut. On Thursday, I will be going to have one of =
four hour test done on me. This will be the second one I have had done =
in a week=20
the last one I got sick and fail for they stop it.&nbsp; They do check =
to see=20
that everything is out. As far as I know radioactive is very low about =
what you=20
get from X-rays . I wish you luck. This is the last pre-op test before I =
go in=20
for a gastric pacemaker. I&nbsp; am starting on my seven month on IV's, =
I stop=20
taking TPN last month because of the&nbsp; infections. Everyone , (not =
just the=20
ladies,Sara) I have a great way of losing weight go on TPN for a =
week&nbsp; or=20
two I lost alittle over 78lbs on it. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My friends, I need some help from the group a =
wish, a=20
pray, a good thought. After 21yrs of DM this old body is giving up on =
me. I have=20
had so form of gastroparesis long before I got DM but it was me getting =
DM that=20
made it bad. I have done everything the Doctors can think of to do. From =
all the=20
many drug, to IV, to tube, to cleaning out the gut of everything. The =
is the last thing they know of doing. I can no longer work, it is hard =
any more=20
to do anything around my house. But I will do everything I need to do to =
better, everyday I get up do as many thing that I can . If it is just =
taking a=20
shower and getting dressed and that is all I can do that day that is =
great; I=20
got one thing done I have lived one more day. So Remember=20
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 =
<STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff0000 size=3D7>SMILE &amp; BE=20
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff0000=20
size=3D7></FONT></STRONG></FONT><FONT color=3D#000000=20
<STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff0000 =
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR>From: =
Michael &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:email @ redacted">email @ redacted</A>&gt;<BR>=