[IP] Minimed susceptible to electro-static discharge?

I recall reading of several people on this list having
similar experiences (could be a smaller number of more vocal
people) with MiniMeds.

I've never read of a similar problem with a Disetronic and
for at least 2 winters, my Disetronic has been ok.  I'd not
agree with those that say it could happen with either
device; the way that the boards are isolated could result in
different susceptibilities to this sort of problem.  Also
the way that the pump recovers from such a burp could be