[IP] Gastro-Paresis Questions

My Blood Sugars at night have been all over the place- lots of lows
followed by highs- a mess.  My endo is talking about being tested for
gastro-paresis.  I know it has to do withe nerve endings in the 'tummy'
not responding like they did in days of yore (been diabetic over 33
years) - and that there's medication available to help the stomach empty
faster but what about that test - swallowing Radio-Active material in a
sandwich somes very nasty indeed - I don't want that in my body.  Any
other options?    Write soon- the test is set for Friday, the 30th.
Also what are the other symptoms?  Are there any FAQ's available -
somewhere?   Thanks.