[IP] Electrostatic Discharge

     ON Tue, 27 Oct 1998 trifona <email @ redacted> wrote:
     >I was taking to my local Disetronic representative in my quest for
     >finding my soon to be SUPER-pump.  She told me that for some reason
     >the Minimed model can easily be shocked as when we all do during the
     >winter months, walkin on carpets, touching the car door, etc.
     >When this happens, she said the pump will SHUT-DOWN for 8 hours in
     >order to "recover" and to safely discharge itself (?).
     I KNEW there was a major electrical problem with my pump <EEHBG: extra
     extra huge big grin>.  I was in the park Sunday with kids and my 3
     year old decided we should go down this long plastic slide together:
     About halfway down I touched something on the slide, getting a nice
     jolt of ESD.  My pump, as in all previous years, was almost totally
     unaffected (it did come out of my pocket for a look at me in order to
     reassure me it was OK and to see if I had responded to the ESD).
     Seriously: in over 18 years I've never yet ESDd any pump, not that I
     haven't tried (EEHBG>.  I am aware that people have done such, but
     I've never yet.
     Yerachmiel Altman
     by the way: Slides are FUN!!!  My son and I had a great time on the
     monkey bars as well.