Re: [IP] Minimed susceptible to electro-static discharge?

>Minimed model can easily be shocked as when we all do during the winter
>months, walkin on carpets, touching the car door, etc.

I don't have any experience with a Mini-med, but Stephanie's Disetronic
gives a system alarm when she carries her pump in the pocket of her nylon
windsuit pants (nylon pockets, too) without her case on (fortunately, easy
to reset, takes less than 5 minutes, so not really a big deal). We've been
told repeatedly that's not what's causing the problem (no alternative
reasons given), but our own informal tests have shown 100% direct
correlation. We live in a very dry area, so that complicates things and the
relative humidity influences how long it takes for the static to build
sufficiently, but it always happens. Of course the very first time it
happened, Stephanie was at school and her pump alarmed at the precise
instant the fire drill alarm went off!  Poor principal was ready to call me
the day before fire drills so Stephanie could be "out of the building" when
the drills took place! Thank goodness a little testing on our part uncovered
the real culprit. Lesson learned...always wear the case on nylon windsuit
pants days!