Re: [IP] Minimed susceptible to electro-static discharge?

Well, I've had a Minimed pump since they first came out (14 or 15 years I
think, possibly more but I've lost track).  I have never had this happen but
I have played with kids on carpet and frequently done all the things you
describe including shocking myself on AV equipment teaching classes.
Actually, the only time any of the Minimed pumps I have ever had has been
out of commission was a very old 504 that lost a screw.  They sent me a
replacement the same day (that was early AM, it arrived before 5 -- I do
live in No. California though so it's not that far away).  This sounds like
myth to me.