Re: [IP] When is a $2 billion raise bad?

At 06:02 PM 10/27/1998  Kasey Sikes wrote:
>> So, why isn't the ADA better educating both the population
>> our Congressmen? Why aren't they leading loud protests? If
>> were lots more news conferences, marches and TV spots, maybe
>> would be 25% not 2.5% I don't think the average person has a
>> clue as to the number of people killed by diabetes. Maybe if
>> facts were more visible, things would be different.
>The ADA finally realized that they needed to be focusing more
>very issues, but they can't do it alone.  Another reason the
>groups are getting so much more is because they have very vocal
>supporters in the rank and file.  That's why I urge each of you

>to get
>involved.  Write a letter, send an e-mail, make a phone call.
>takes a few minutes, yet if enough of us make just one contact,

>numbers will add up quickly.  GET INVOLVED!!!  (please, or I'll

>you're dot  <vbg>)

My concern is why has it taken the ADA so long to wake up? What
have they been doing with all of the donations they've been
getting? I get the impression that the ADA is sort of like a
huge behemoth... it takes a lot of effort to get it to move or
change direction.

Maybe there needs to be a more pro-active grass-roots
organization that will be more innovative, "pushy" and loud.