Re: [IP] Minimed susceptible to electro-static discharge?

email @ redacted writes:

<< She told me that for some reason the
 Minimed model can easily be shocked as when we all do during the winter
 months, walkin on carpets, touching the car door, etc.
 When this happens, she said the pump will SHUT-DOWN for 8 hours in order
 to "recover" and to safely discharge itself (?). >>

I don't know..... I have walked on carpet, touched car door's and gone through
2 winters and my MiniMed has never shut down.

Tonya S