Re: [IP] Minimed susceptible to electro-static discharge?

trifona wrote:
> I was taking to my local Disetronic representative in my quest for
> finding my soon to be SUPER-pump.  She told me that for some reason the
> Minimed model can easily be shocked as when we all do during the winter
> months, walkin on carpets, touching the car door, etc.
> When this happens, she said the pump will SHUT-DOWN for 8 hours in order
> to "recover" and to safely discharge itself (?).
> Can some of the Minimed pumpers please tell me about their experiences
> with this as of yet, unconfirmed phenomenon?

You're right, it's definitely uunconfirmed.

I've heard of getting a continous tone warning from it if it's subjected
to too much static, and it can only be stopped by removing the batteries and
re-inserting them later. I have heard from 1 person who had the pump
wiped out by static, but it was from a major slam of it.

Myself, I've had my 506 for nearly 5 years with no such problem.

Ted Quick