[IP] Minimed susceptible to electro-static discharge?

Hi everyone,

I was taking to my local Disetronic representative in my quest for
finding my soon to be SUPER-pump.  She told me that for some reason the
Minimed model can easily be shocked as when we all do during the winter
months, walkin on carpets, touching the car door, etc.

When this happens, she said the pump will SHUT-DOWN for 8 hours in order
to "recover" and to safely discharge itself (?).

Can some of the Minimed pumpers please tell me about their experiences
with this as of yet, unconfirmed phenomenon?