[IP] Spare insulin

Oh what do to do with that spare insulin? You can always just change the
infusion set, and use the same reservoir until the supply of insulin is
gone.  This way you are not contaminating insulin, But after 5 days. (
MiniMed only says to use insulin up to a max. of 3 days)  I completely
change out the reservoir even if there is insulin remaining. But usually I
don't have any insulin left.  As mentioned here before, I'll do this only
with a disconnectable set.  I will disconnect, and then draw up the insulin
from the tubing into the reservoir. I will not use the insulin that has been
in the canula under my skin.  This to me would be contaminated.  Never draw
up the insulin while connected.  This would then damage skin.  Don't think
we need any help in that department.
Christene Ullom
"Sell crazy someplace else - we're all stocked up here" - Jack Nicholson
from "As Good As It Gets"