Re: [IP] Health Insurance ~~~~

You will have access to a Cobra policy for the first 18 months.  After that you
will have trouble although how much will vary according to state, plan etc.  Your
best bet is to look for large group policies you can join close to the time your
Cobra runs out.  Find out the lag time of the policy (some policies cover
diabetic supplies immediately, others take a wait of everything from one month to
12 months) and start buying your new coverage that long before the Cobra runs
out.  Group policies will not exempt her (or you) for the pre-existing conditions
that individual policies will.  This unfortunately is expensive but even paying
the cost of 2 regular insurance policies will be better and cheaper coverage than
the high risk policies many states have.  This is a very real and enormous
problem!  For any of you with "kids" (anyone older than one and less than 25) on
a pump you must think way ahead for insurance coverage.  I was on a pump for my
teenage years and spent much of my college years trying to squeak by b/c the cost
is so great.   I hope you will not actually have to deal with this problem!